Saturday, November 15, 2014

Christmas Shadow Box Decoration



I LOVE Christmas!! It is by far my most favorite holiday, which is why I am sharing this super fun crafting idea with you. As a mom of a 6 month old I don’t always have a ton of time to do crafts without the baby trying to touch or eat everything in sight lol. So this is the perfect, simple, inexpensive craft for anyone that doesn’t have a ton of time or money. I know it seems a little early to start decorating for Christmas, but I am trying to get everything done before Thanksgiving so I can decorate the day after. I know I know I am one of those annoying people that want Christmas to last longer than just a month, so I decorate right after Thanksgiving (since that’s when Miguel finally lets me). You guys this is seriously the easiest decoration ever! I was strolling around in Porters Crafts and found a similar shadow box and decided to make my own. So here are the things you need…
1.       Shadow box- I got mine at Porters but they have the same ones here
2.       Small and Medium sized bells (I got 3 really small bags but you can get a big bag here or here
3.    "Silver Bells" or any Christmas decal
4.       Scrapbook Paper- you can buy a package of Christmas scrapbook paper here


From there you clean off the glass (you don’t want any dust or anything to be stuck under the decal) and then follow the instructions for the decal and place it where you want it to go on the glass. 



Then you take the bells and pour them out on the inside of the glass with the glass facing down on a hard surface.

Then take the back of the shadow box and trace your scrapbook paper to make sure that it is the right size. Now stick the back of the shadow box over the scrapbook paper and tighten the back so that it stays. And now you are done! Seriously, how easy was that? And now you have a super cute easy Christmas decoration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS