Thursday, November 20, 2014

6 Tips to Surviving Morning Sickness



One of my closest friends just found out she is pregnant and she has been throwing up constantly and having the worst case of morning sickness. She recently asked me what I did for my morning sickness and I remember those first few weeks being so sick and miserable and I spent hours and hours researching things to help with morning sickness. I decided to write down all the things that helped me, so that hopefully I can help someone else. I first want to start by saying that every pregnancy is different. All the things that people told me happened to them are so different from what happened to me so you just have to remember that each person like each pregnancy is unique. Just keep in mind that things that worked for me may or may not work for you. But, I tried a ton of different things so if you are having morning sickness I hope that something will work for you like it did for me. So, for me I didn’t really throw up but I did feel nauseous ALL THE TIME for the first 12 weeks. Since I was working and in school I did not have time to lay in bed all day and do nothing to get through it so here are some things that worked for me:

Preggie Pop Drops- These are amazing and so helpful. I sucked on these at work a ton and they really saved me a lot when I would feel sick during the day.


Canada Dry Ginger Ale-I drank this especially on planes when I traveled and it helped make me feel better. 

doTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil and doTERRA Ginger - It sounds strange but I would heat a mug of water and add a few drops of ginger oil and a few drops of peppermint oil. Just holding that mug up to my face and smelling the steam would make me feel so much better. I still do this from time to time when I am feeling sick and it clears out my sinuses. 

Prenatals- originally I took these in the morning but I read somewhere that if you take them at night it helps. So I tried taking them at night and it made such a big difference! 

Saltines- I had Saltine crackers by me at all times. In my purse, in my desk at work, on my bedside table, etc. these helped so much! There was one point in my pregnancy that I didn’t want to eat anything so saltines were something small that I could make myself eat. I think the most important thing for me was to not let my stomach stay empty or I would feel worse. So find whatever works for you and make sure you are eating so you can give your baby the nutrients they need. 

Zofran- My doctor prescribed me this and I took it throughout my pregnancy when the nausea wouldn’t go away with anything else. Let me tell you this was a lifesaver!! Not only did it help me feel better but it actually helped me feel like a normal person again and that to me was so great.

Pregnancy can be tough so just try to remember that it is totally worth it.

Look at this cute face and think of how wonderful it will be when your little bundle of joy comes into this world. You will feel so much love and joy for this little person and it will make all the terrors of pregnancy worth it! Also I want to note that most morning sickness goes away after the first 12 weeks, but this is not always the case. I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS